Thursday, August 27, 2020

CAR 54 IS BACK!


 FRIDAY, AUGUST 28TH., 2020
            CAR 54 IS BACK!

  I was impressed to note, during one
of my morning drives, that Car 54 is
back on the job!
  Those of who who old enough may
remember a television comedy called
"Car 54 Where Are You." In involved
two less than brilliant police officers
working in New York City.
    A couple years back I spotted a
cruiser which I labeled Car 54 parked
along a street in Jenkins Township here
in Luzerne County. Within the next
couple weeks I saw it in three different
locations.
     It seemed to vanish for a long
time until I saw it again the other day.
    It is apparently an extra police car
which the township moves from place
to place and just parks it for a couple
days.
     The result, as you might expect, is
a major decline in the speeding problem
along those roads where the cruiser,
unoccupied by the way, sits along side
the thoroughfare!
      It's a clever idea that might well
be used by other departments, if they've
got enough cars.
      The mere appearance of a police
car tends to get drivers to slow down.
And there's always the possibility an
officer will be assigned to the parked
car one of these days so who's about
to take that chance?
        Not me!
        Hope you're well and that all
your NEWS is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment