Friday, August 28, 2020

LET'S TIE ONE ON!

 SATURDAY AUGUST 29TH 2020
      LET'S TIE ONE ON!   

  I caught my wife checking my closet the
other day and saying something about how
a cleaning might be in order. Today I took
a look myself to see what should be saved,
(Just about everything!)
   I have a pair of jeans hanging from a peg
on the door. I can grab them quickly to take
out the trash or whatever,
    Underneath I noticed a rack holding about
30 or so ties!
    During my lengthy broadcasting career I
wore a suit or sport jacket and tie just about
every day! I remember being a DJ still in my
teens reporting for work daily in a sports
jacket and tie! You were expected to be in a
tie when you went to church too.
      Some where over the years that seemed
to change for most folks. Most everybody
went "casual.
      I don't want to throw out those ties. I
still wear them occassionally. For weddings
or funerals.
     Of course most of the folks I know are
"up in years" so I always keep the black
tie handy!
      Hope I won't need it anytime soon and
that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment