Wednesday, August 19, 2020

RADIO DAZE!


 THURSDAY, AUGUST 20TH., 2020
                RADIO DAZE!

  Today is National Radio Day! It's a
day that brings back a lot of memories for
me. But, in a bitter sweet way!
   I got into radio when I was still in High
School. I started as an errand boy and
finally got on the air as a Disk Jockey.
   I was a lot different then. But so was
radio!
   Music brought listeners to your station
depending on your format and their taste.
    Stations were truly local. In my
hometown you could get the Mine working
schedules. There was a program announcing
area births, and most every station covered
local sports.
     Unfortunately, times have changed.
     These days you'd be lucky to find a live
DJ working at your local station...IF your
local station is still on the air!
       Big corporations now own many
local radio stations and much of the
music comes from a satellite instead of
a local turntable.
       Hats off to those broadcasters who
are still trying their best to serve their
local community. On this National Radio
Day I hope all of their, and your, NEWS
is good!
       
   

No comments:

Post a Comment