Tuesday, August 11, 2020

GOING FOR A "SPIN!"

 WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 12TH, 2020
            GOING FOR A "SPIN!"

  One of the great things about summer is
the large number of "unusual holidays" I
love to tell you about!
   Today, for instance, is Home Sewing
Machine Day." We have a couple of those
around although I'm not permitted to touch
them because they're mechanical and my
wife says I'm not good with machinery!
She works them very well without  my
assistance! 
     But it's also Vinyl Day! I've got a nice
collection of old albums and a lot of 45's!
     In case you didn't already know I was a
DJ before I got into news. DJ's have more
fun that news reporters!
      I remember a time in Berwick at the old
WBRX when I locked the control room door
with a chair brace and played "Summertime
Blues" over and over till the chief engineer
forced his way in and took my record!
      Vinyl went away for awhile but over
the past 8 to 10 years it's been making a come
back.
       So grab those old records, scratches and
all, and celebrate the day!
        Hope you enjoy the music, that you're
well, and that all your NEWS is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment