Saturday, August 29, 2020

PLEASE MR. POSTMAN!

   SUNDAY, AUGUST 30TH., 2020
         PLEASE MR. POSTMAN!

   There seems to be a lot of controversy
about the Postal Service these days. I
can't speak from experience. Our bills
continue to come on a very regular basis
and since there have been no complaints
I have to assume our payments are going
through as well.But that's not to say
there arn't some problems.
    I mention this because today is Pony
Express Day. Back in 1860 a group of
riders, including Buffalo Bill, raced their
horses from one station to another where
they'd switch horses and continue over
what turned out to be a 1900 mile route
from Missouri to California carrying a
pouch filled with the mail.
      At the time it was the fastest way to
send a letter across the west.
       Back in March I sent a package to
my good friend in upstate New York.
I tracked it first to Jersey City, New
Jersey, then to Pittsburgh, and then
to Syracuse from which is finally
made its way to his local post office.
       I'll bet the Pony Express could
have beat that timing!
       Maybe some local Pony Express
routes could solve some of the
problems we're hearing about?
        I'd give the idea my stamp of
approval.
        Hope you're well and that all
your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment