Sunday, August 23, 2020

WHO'S ON FIRST?

MONDAY, AUGUST 24TH, 2020
         WHO'S ON FIRST?

   I don't always know where I'll end
up when I leave for a day on the road.
Yesterday my wife and I joined my brother
and sister in law in the bleachers at a
baseball field in White Have where the
home team was involved in a Babe Ruth
League championship game!
     It was so great to see baseball again!
     I always loved the game. Of course
when I tried out for Teener's League many
years ago I though I'd never play again.
      Mickey Mantle was my hero so I
tried out for center field. Unlike Mickey,
however, I couldn't throw the ball from
the outfield to home plate on just once
bounce. I could't even get it to the infield
on one bounce.
       Fortunately I found Softball and
spent many years playing, first as a
first baseman and then as a pitcher.
       These days I don't know where the
majpr league teams are playing, if at all.
Our Triple A stadium is closed and even
the Little League World Series was called
for this season.
       It was good to see the Babe Ruth League
players competing. Baseball in its purest
form where players play for the love of the
game. Even though we were root, root,
rooting for the home team, they lost by just
one run. Still, it was a great game and a
great day out at the ball game!
       Hope you get to take one in,that you're
well, and that all your NEWS is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment