Tuesday, August 4, 2020

JUST HANGING OUT!


  WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 5TH., 2020
             JUST HANGING OUT!

   We got some new neighbors last week. And
as I looked at their place was was inspired to
re-do a blog I originally wrote some time ago.
     The inspiration came as I looked at their
house and spotted a clothes line strung under
their porch awning! What ever happened to
clothes lines?
        When I was a kid every backyard had one
in my home town. We used to use one of the
support poles as a goal for many of our backyard
games.
         Urban development came along and
many developers believed the clothes lines were
eyesores that distracted from their buildings. So,
the banned them.
          We had one of those umbrella clothes lines
in our yard for awhile but the previous management
of our place said "No clotheslines!"
           Heck, they dried the clothes and saved
electricity at the same time!
            I'm glad to see one back! Hope I see more.
I say, if you've got them, hang them!
           Hope your clothes are clean and dry and
that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment