Thursday, August 11, 2011

Easy Money

   "Easy Money" is the name of a TV program
 involving the management or mismanagement
 of a family's short term loan business.
   It's called a "Comedy/ Drama!"
   Speaking of comedy and drama, have you
been watching the stock market?
   I thought about leaping from an upstairs window
the other day when the Dow Jones average took a
big plunge!
   I didn't though. I just couldn't do it.
   First of all I don't have an upstairs window.
   And to get on the roof I'd have to go up a
ladder. I'm not real big on climbing ladders. And
even if I made it...it's only a one story drop. I'd
probably just injure my ankle and I already did
that playing softball in the rain last Saturday.
   So, as my 401k slowly turned into a 201z I
did what a lot of other people did..namely nothing!
   I did the same thing the last time the stock
market was near panic. And by the time this
latest sell off happened I had made money!
   And it wasn't all bad news anyway.
   Gas prices dropped a few pennies! Three
cents less a gallon over the course of a year
could actually equal my 401 loss! I drive a lot
and don't have a very big 401 to start!
   I also noticed that the sun came up again
this morning in spite of all the gloomy
financial news and.....just like it the anthem.....
our flag was still there!
   Who knows? Maybe the people who manage
my account will buy something while the stock
price is really low and I'll come out a
millionaire when things get back to normal!
    If not I can always get a part time job....
maybe selling ladders!
    Hope you buy low, sell high, and that all
your NEWS is good! 
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment