Monday, August 22, 2011

"A Rose, by any other name..."

    I now have an idea how the people in
New Amsterdam must have felt when the
decision was made to change the name of
their community to New York City!
    I haven't moved...so why do I have a
new address?!
    I have lived in the same house in the
same development for more than 42
years.
    But this year the new owner decided to
change the name of the development. I
know his intentions were good. In his mind
it was like putting up a sign reading.....
"Now Under New Management." I know
that because that's exactly what the sign he
put up reads! It's a message that wants people
to read between the lines. What it really says
is....'Things are better here now cause there's
a new guy running things.'
    He's putting his money where his sign is
too! He's already made a number of
improvements.
    The name change, however, has caused a
lot of work for those who live here and more
than just a little confusion!
    All of our 'official documents' have to be
changed to reflect a new address even though
nobody has moved anywhere!
    And anybody who has delt with PennDot in
the past knows that changing anything on its
documents involves both time and prayers!
    For a while at least my wife and I will
have different addresses. That could raise a
few eyebrows!
    I only wish I had an opportunity to talk to
the new owner before he made the change.
    I would have told him about all the people
I see who ask me about my work on TV with
WDAU!
   But it's been 25 years since WDAU
became WYOU and it's been two years since
I was on the air there on a regular basis!
    Old habits DO die hard!
    And who knows? This change could work
out really well. Maybe some of those bills
won't get re-addressed! I know the Post
Office doesn't forward  'Junk mail.' Maybe
all those requests for donations or notices
of special sales and 'deals' will end up at the
old address....where ever that is now.
    As long as somebody tells the pizza
delivery guy I think we'll be OK.
    Drop us a line sometime....if you can find
our new old home of 42 years!
    Hope you know where you live and that
all your NEWS is good!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment