Saturday, August 6, 2011

Return To Sender

   The old Elvis song 'Return To Sender'
came to mind yesterday as I emailed, for
the second time, some folks I helped with
some projects over the past few years.
    The original email was sent nearly a
month ago.
    Here's the thing. The message I sent
contained a question. Maybe it's my
background as a reporter. Maybe it's
just curiosity. But when you ask a
question...shouldn't you expect to get an
answer?
     I understand you can't expect to get
the response you'd like to get. Lots of
times on the news beat your inquiry
would prompt the reply..."No comment!"
     Sometimes you'd even run into
someone, usually in handcuffs, who might
respond with a couple of words you
weren't allowed to use on the air.
     But at least you got some sort of
response!
     Heck the people I've been trying to
reach have always been friendly in the
past. At least all the while I was helping
them!
     Maybe they don't need any help right
now. And that's all right...no problem.
    But I'd like to think I've earned a
response telling me that!
    Maybe the email got lost in cyber
space. Maybe, somewhere, there's an
email Dead Letter Office. Maybe the
'Reply' connection on their computer
is shot.
    So I'll send another message. Maybe
if I attach one of those 'smiley faces' to
the note it will make a difference?
    Maybe they'll read this blog and, at
least, send an email saying "No Comment!"
    Or maybe the day will come when they
need my help again. I'll bet they'll reach
me then!
    Hope your email is working, your
questions are answered, and that all your
NEWS is good! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment