Monday, October 17, 2011

Back In The USSR!

    I hope we're not headed for another Cold War!
    Those were tense days!
    I remember a time when we had to get under our
school desks and cover our faces in case the
Soviets dropped an "A Bomb" on our community!
    I'm not sure why anybody thought the Russians
would target Hazleton.
    And I'm still not sure how much protection our
desks would offer if the building melted around
us!
    Back then I figured there were so many strip
mine holes around any enemy would think we
had already been hit....numerous times!
    Then it got worse!
    They launched the first satellite! And we knew
it wasn't for Direct TV because we didn't have
that or 'The Dish Network' in those days.
     Then they put the first man in space.
     Those of us who were students suddenly got
a lot more math and science homework so we
would become brilliant minds! Guess I missed
a few of those classes.
      I know the old USSR is gone.
     But the Russians are doing it again!
     This time they've sent word  they have
indisputable proof of the existence of a Yeti,
a "Big-Foot" like creature, that lived (or lives)
in Siberia!  I remember somebody telling me
that nothing could live in Siberia!  Back then
I didn't know there were actual towns there.
     Anyhow....are we going to let the Russians
get away with this?
     They haven't actually recovered the body
of a Yeti. Just a few strands of hair and some
foot prints.
     We've already got some grainy old movie
film of what's suppose to be "Big Foot."
      I say it's high time we get out and capture
 one!  It's a great chance to make sure the
USA is Number One!
     And who knows, a good search of the woods,
especially in the Pacific Northwest, could even
turn up some more of D.B. Cooper's money!
(Young readers will have to do some research
at this point!)
      Maybe we could get some volunteers
to "Occupy' the woods!
      I had planned to start my own search
Sunday night till I remembered the huge bear
we saw across the street about two weeks ago and
the large skunk we saw in our neighbor's yard
the other night!
     Hope you'll help win the hunt and that all
your NEWS is good!
     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment