Monday, October 31, 2011

"What A Difference A Day Makes."

  Wow! If only winter would come and go so
quickly!
   Sunday morning dawned, cold and clear,
with the promise of actual sunshine for the
day.
   Of course before those warm rays made
their way over the trees near my house I
found a coating of at least six inches of
snow on my vehicles and the doors on one
of them frozen shut.
   This was one of those times I really
appreciated the remote start my son
installed! I had left the heater control
turned on and up Saturday night so
when the engine fired up the heat
inside began to build making it a little
bit easier to sweep the snow off the car.
   Add about an hours worth of direct
sunlight and I finally had a car that was
pretty well cleaned off and ready to go!
   The roads were in good shape, except
for the usual pot holes,so we made our
way to church.
    I guess they weren't cleared everywhere
because turnout was pretty light.
    Afterwards we headed for another one
of those restaurants I shouldn't tell you
about. Once you've gone you'll want to go
back all the time for the bread and knots
served before the meal and the sensational
Italian dishes on the menu!
     If the guy gets too busy I may have to
wait in line!  Oh well, what the heck! It's
La Dolce Casa in Tamaqua and it is well
worth the drive! Mr. Dimaggio runs the place
(no relation to Joe or Dom).
     Then, with the sun still shinning, we
headed out to get a few "Good things cheap"
in Hazleton.
     You probably know the place. It's one of
those stores where you see things you figure
you need even though you didn't even know
they existed before you came in! I know my
Grand kids saw at least a dozen things they
just have to have!
     So there you have it.
     From a day 'maronned inside to a drive in
a car warmed by sunshine beaming through the
windows! It just goes to show you!
     There's no  snow storm so bad that a visit to
church, a sausage sandwich, and a new "cheap"
tarp for your boat can't overcome
      Hope you had a great day and that all your
NEWS is good!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment