Friday, October 28, 2011

Re-mem-mem....Re-mem-ma -member

   It's happening more and more lately.
   We're driving somewhere and somebody
thinks of something we've got to do, or
something we've got to get. Or something
we're got to ask of tell somebody.
   But...we're driving. We've got someplace
to go and we can't 'do', or 'get' or 'contact'
the person we want to question or inform
right at that very moment.
   That's when you're bound to hear the
'thinker' say........."Remind me to"  (do
what ever has to or should be done).
   It's sort of like a verbal version or
tying a string around your finger as a
reminder that you've got something to do.
   By asking others to do the remembering
you take the heat off yourself.
   It's a good system....IF....somebody
else remembers to remind you.
   I've found that, most of the time, I
remember that somebody has asked me
to remind them of something.
  It's the 'something'  I can't seem to
remember!
  So, the other day, when my buddy
asked me to remind him to get gas as
we headed out to a movie, I
employed a brand new system.
  I asked my wife to remind me to
remind him to get gas.
  Then  my wife asked my buddy's
wife to remind her to remind me, to
remind him to get gas.
   Sure enough, after the show, we
all remembered to remind him.......
that he had to do something!
   Luckily he guessed it was to get
gas!
   We've improved the system already.
   Now, when we get in the car, we
just remind each other that there's
probably something we should remember
to do.
  We're bound to think of something!
  Remind me to tell you how it all works
out!
  Hope you've got a good memory and
that all your NEWS is good!
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment