Saturday, October 22, 2011

"Why does the sun go on shining, Why does the sea rush to shore?"

    Most of you will remember.....well some of
you may remember.....OK.....I'll just remind you!
    Back on May 22nd I wrote a blog I didn't
expect any of you to read.
    That's because we were told the world was
suppose to end on May 21st. The man who told
us that was 90-year-old Harold Camping, the
leader of Family Radio International.
    But, let's face it, we all make mistakes and,
after May 22nd dawned, Camping realized he
had miscalculated. The actual date for the end
of the world was October 21st.
    But wait...if you're reading this......yep......
missed again!
    I was glad Camping's first prediction was
wrong because I had a lot of vacation plans
for this past summer. I wanted to get them
all in before yesterday...just in case.
   Luckily I did not go quite as far as some of
his followers who quit their jobs and spent or
donated their retirement money!
   I can't believe so many people believed
this guy would have the exact date the
world would end.
   Heck, as I pointed out in that May 22nd
blog, everybody knows we're OK until
December 21st, 2012....the day the Mayan
Calender ends.
   I hope they're as accurate as Camping
and that all your NEWS is good!
  

1 comment:

  1. Gee Dave, you made me recall, back in the 80's or 90's, the "Harmonic Convergence." At that time, some believed that due to an unusual alignment of the planets, the Earth would be pulled out of its orbit and would be sent careening off into space, ending the world as we know it. A local bar was advertising a "Come as you'd like to go party."
    Me? I took my wife & kids "camping" to World's End State Park. Seemed logical.

    ReplyDelete