Friday, October 7, 2011

Ghost Stories

   Have you seen all the horror shows on TV?
   TBS ran Frankenstein and The Thing from Outer
Space this past week.
   FX premiered a new series called "American
Horror Story."
   Ghost Adventures is on the Travel Channel. I'm
not sure how they book the cruise for a poltergeist!
   Supernatural can be seen on the CW Network.
   CW is also broadcasting The Vampire Diaries.
   There are many more. Some new. Some Reruns.
   But, for me, the scariest was on last night.
   It was the Detroit Tigers against the New York
Yankees! And I watched it all as my Bronx
Bombers got clawed by those cats.
   I've been a New York fan since my Dad and
brother took me to my first Professional Baseball
game when I was just a kid.
   Now some folks will tell you "You can't win
them all."  I always wondered...why not?
   And Yankee victories came to be so common
that it's like some sort of an evil omen when
they don't win.
   So...be scared! Be very scared.
   Still, it's been a good season. They did have
the best record in the American League  and I
get some consolation knowing that Boston was
sitting at home watching the five game series
with the Tigers. (That's a New York/Boston
thing.)
   I also think I know what went wrong. And,
if the right people agree, it could make a new
TV Horror series!
   You see the Yankees got a new stadium in
2009. The old one was filled with the ghosts
of players like Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Mickey
Mantle, and Roger Maris to name just a few.
   Somebody has got to figure out a way to get
those ghosts moved from the original
stadium site, which is basically right across
the street, to the new stadium.
   Maybe the folks at the Travel Channel can
handle that one?
   Until they do I'll just have to be content
with the part of baseball's anthem that
admonishes...."If they don't win it's a shame."
   I hope your team still has a ghost of a chance
and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment