Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Tell me a story,tell me a story!

   Welcome everyone...to "National
Tell Me A Story Day!"
    Now to be perfectly honest I missed
this observation here in the United States
on April 27th.
    But this unique "holiday" is celebrated
in England and Scotland on October 27th.
    I've elected to highlight it today for
several reasons.
    First, I love to tell stories!
    I liked putting facts together in story
form when I was an active reporter.
    I like telling true stories, usually strange
ones about history, to anyone willing to
listen. Like the one about Milton Hershey
who put $300 down on a ticket to sail on
the Titanic! Called back to the U.S. a few
days early he missed the doomed ship.
    Had he made it we might not have the
Hershey Bar today!
    And I love making up stories, sometime
related as being "true' to my grand kids.
     I love ending some with the line..."It's
a true story...I made it up!"
     I write about a character I call "Prince
Claude." He's not the sharpest "Royal" in
the deck.
    I once had him try to rescue a Princess
trapped in a well by throwing huge rocks
down to her. She did not "receive" them
very well!
   In another story I pictured him drilling
holes in the bottom of a boat to allow
water to drain out.
   I read several to my daughter's first
grade class a week or so ago and the
kids seemed to enjoy them.
   A couple people, mostly family,
have suggested I have them published.
   I guess it could happen.
   Meanwhile I'm content writing this
daily Blog which is usually based on
stories of things that I've seen or
experienced.
    And they're all true....cause I
definitely made them up!
    Hope you're got a good story to
tell today..and that all your NEWS is
good!

No comments:

Post a Comment