Saturday, October 15, 2011

Sticker Price

   The 2012 model cars are now on the market
and every company is trying to come with
reasons why you've just got to buy their
product!
    Yesterday I saw three TV commercials for
three different cars that ran back-to-back-to-
back during a break in a local program.
    Each promoted style, economy, and zero
percent financing for various periods of
time. One proclaimed it would actually
make your first month's payment for you.
     And, if you were able to read the fine
print on the screen, you'd note that those
monthly payments reached well into the
$300 range!
      I've bought a lot of cars since I began
driving. But the last brand new one was
purchased in 1976. I could not believe I
was paying $4,000 for a car!
       These days you can consider yourself
lucky to get a used one for that figure.
        I've got 4 used vehicles now.
        You've got to put some money into
them every now and then. But it's usually
a lot less than 12 months worth of $300
payments.  In fact I own all 4 and don't
have any monthly payments.
        My good friend has done me one
better though.
        His 'new car' is really used.
        He just bought a 1924 Studebaker!
        I'm not sure what the sticker price
was on that one.
        But it is a fact......older cars one day
reach the point where they become
"Classics" and their value can sore well
beyond their original price.
        If only one or two of mine could get
to that point!!!
        Of course if you can afford a brand
new car, more power to you! Enjoy it and
drive safely....so you don't bump into one
of my old ones!
        I think I'll just invest in one of those
air fresheners with a 'new car' smell.
       Hope you like whatever you drive
and that all your NEWS is good!

     

   

No comments:

Post a Comment