Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Back To The Future!

  I've been raving a lot about the improvements
I've seen in downtown Pittston recently.
  It's still a work in progress as a lot of store
fronts are getting a facelift to compliment
those shops that have already improved the
image.
   But the latest improvement actually
capitolizes on the rich history of the city and
the area.
   The entire side of a Main Street Dental
office has been turned into a huge mural
celebrating the region's heritage.
   I'm including some photos from my
"carry along camera."
   But, basically, the art work depicts a
coal miner, breaker boys, a garment shop
filled with women working the sewing
machines, and a railroad steam locomotive!
    It's an impressive tribute to those who
worked so hard to build our area!
    I think some of those workers would
be impressed with what they see in the
city today.
    I am!
    Hope you get a chance to see the art
work in person and that all your NEWS is
good!





















































No comments:

Post a Comment