Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Last Day of Summer!

  Forget the calender or the Autumnal Equinox!
  Summer ended yesterday, Wednesday, August
22nd,
  At least it did for two of my grand kids!
  They are enrolled in a "Charter School" which
has now resumed classes for the next year!
   I would not have done well there!
   I come from a time when summer vacation
ended after Labor Day! Families still had a
chance for one final week together and
business places could depend on the teens
who were still available for work until after
the holiday.
    As soon as we went back I started the
countdown to Thanksgiving and Christmas!
    I liked Halloween. But it wasn't a school
vacation, I liked school vacations! The longer,
the better!
    It's been a very long time since I had to go
back to school. But I think I know how the
kids, at least many of the kids, feel.
    So, I spent part of my Tuesday taking my
grand kids to a couple of playgrounds then,
afterwards, for some ice cream
    I reminded them that the playgrounds
will still be around and that our Ice Cream
shop is open all year!
    They called me after classes to tell me they
had a good day and met some new friends!
     I hope they have a good year.
     The playground is going to seem very
empty without them........at least until the
weekend!
     Hope you've got your backpacks ready,
your pencils sharpened, and that all your
NEWS is good!


























1 comment:

  1. Playground and ice cream? Sounds like an awesome day! Good luck to your grandkids in this school year.

    www.Donation-Can.com

    ReplyDelete