Monday, August 20, 2012

Just Say "NO!" (Oh Yea!)

  
   I found myself just saying "No!" a couple of
times yesterday. But it never got any easier!
   We  had driven to a complex not far from
Tamaqua after a wonderful meal.
   Our first priority....a friendly game of
miniature golf.
   My 9-year-old grandson teamed up with my
buddy and me on one of two challenging
courses while my grand daughter and her
dad tackled the other.
   I should have gone with them!
   Every time I turned around my friend was
hitting the ball through or around some
obstacle and getting it either in or right
next to the hole!
   I seem to remember shouting (or at
least thinking "No!") at least 4 times as he
sunk his ball on the first shot! I didn't stand
a chance!
   I did beat my grandson although he may be
under the impression it's the high score who
won.
   My second "just say "No" was a lot harder.
  You see this complex is part of a very
popular Dairy Bar.
   Ice cream was visible ever where!
  I've been trying to cut back a bit so standing
at the window to order for others was a bit
of a challenge!
  I'm proud! I just said "No" (thank you that is)
and looked the other way as those cones and
sundaes sat around yelling out my name!
  My grand daughter did get me to take one
sip of her milkshake which seemed to be all
the "fix" I needed to get me through!
  Hope your putts are straight, your cones have
sprinkles, and that all your NEWS is good!
                                                                                   
                                                                                    













No comments:

Post a Comment