Thursday, August 16, 2012

"Mr. Watson come here! I want to see you!"

  We're told the telephone was "born" when
Alexander Graham Bell spoke the words
contained in this title to his assistant, Thomas
Watson,through the "acoustic telegraphy"
device we had invented!
   Had Watson been working for Verizon we
might still be using the  Pony Express to
communicate with one another!
    As regular readers know already, I returned
home from vacation last Friday night to find
my telephone was dead and my web service
unavailable.
   My lengthy call to the machines that answer
for my Verizon used up about two weeks
worth of cell phone minutes before finally
getting a human who told me the problem
was outside my house and would require a
visit from a repairman.
   That, I learned two days later, was scheduled
to be today (Thursday).
    Fortunately, Verizon has at least one "Mr
Watson" on staff.
    He called my cell phone while I was with
my family near Harrisburg on Wednesday to
tell me he had some a day early!
    He later called back to tell me my problem
stemmed from a "wire that was cut during
routine maintenance."  I wasn't aware anyone
had done any "routine maintenance" on my
telephone line. And, if they did, wouldn't
that have at least continued if not improved
my connections!
    Anyway,  and what ever the cause, this
"Mr. Watson" does have me back in service
and from the comfort of my own home!
     We will use our newly repaired
telephone to call Verizon's Business Office.
     We;re hoping to reach a friendly machine
there that will give us financial credit for
the phone and web service we did not enjoy
for the past 4 days.
      Why do I think it may be hard to reach
someone on the other end?
       Hope I'm getting through to you and that
all your NEWS is good!


























No comments:

Post a Comment