Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Here Come The Judge!

  I've got to be one of the only people around
who dosen't work in the court system, or with
the police and still hangs out with a Judge!
  In my case it's Tom Munley, President Judge
of Lackawanna County.
  Every Monday we meet in Scranton to do a
TV program we call ECTV Live.
  It's a Public Affairs program that promotes
upcoming evens or attractions that are offered
free of charge to people throughout the area.
  There are a lot more of those than you might
imagine!
  A long time lawyer before his election to the
bench, Judge Munley is also a TV veteran!
  Back in his attorney days he answered
viewers questions as the originator of
"The Law and You" on WYOU TV.
  I often helped with that show from time to
time. I baby-sat the fixed position camera
we had set up for the feature in the Scranton
Bureau and, one Thanksgiving when there
was no one to take viewers phone calls, I
wrote a special script for the program.
  The Judge still refuses, however, to let
me write any opinions from his
Courtroom!  Maybe it's my spelling!?
   He's a really neat guy who is truly interested
in our guests.
   He tries, whenever possible, to personally
check out some of the events we talk about.
   Next week, for instance, he's hoping to
do some bicycle riding at the "Wally Lake
Fest" at Lake Wallenpaupack!
   I couldn't talk him into the Para-Sailing
events there or the Tomato fight in Pittston
last week.
   It's great to "work" with this guy! He
served his country in Viet Nam, served
his clients as an attorney, serves the people
as a Judge, and serves the public as the
host of our "quality of life" program!
   Guess I'd have to say "I rest my case!"
   Hope you get to catch ECTV Live, and
that all your NEWS is good!




























  

No comments:

Post a Comment