Friday, August 24, 2012

What It Was....Was....Football!

     My family has become "The Wide World of
Sports!"
      One grandson is a BMX bicycle racer.
      One grand daughter plays soccer.
      Another grand daughter is a gymnast.
      And my other grandson, already a Black Belt
in Karate, has now joined his High School
football team!
      I am considering the possibility of
publishing my own "Spectator Schedule" so
friends will know which sport I'm watching on
which date.
      I myself have always favored baseball over
football.
      That may be because I've played so much
baseball, mainly Softball, over my life.
      My only real "personal" experience with
football came in 9th grand when, for one
season, I was a "Manager" for my High School
Team.
     High School football "Managers" are not
some sort of team executives.
     They are the people who haul the equipment
to and from the field, get all the laundry, and
clean the locker room after the games.
     They are also the guys who help carry the
injured players off the field!
      Football you see, unlike baseball, is a
"contact sport."
      I was reminded of that again as I attended
my grandson's "Meet the Player's Night"
last evening.
      There, among the impressive red uniforms,
were two players with obvious injuries. One
was on crutches. The other had a cast on his
arm.
      But these guys haven't played any games
yet!!!!!!!
      As if that weren't enough to worry a parent
or grand parent......one of the Cheerleaders
was on crutches!
     Wow! This football must be more dangerous
than I thought!
     Guess that's why I still prefer baseball.......
although there was that time the guy slid into
me with metal spikes!
      Oh well...even tennis players get sore
elbows!
      Hope you're a good sport (no matter which
one) and that all your NEWS is good!






























      
    
 

1 comment:

  1. Cheerleading is a rough sport! I was a Panther Valley cheerleader and a mascot for the University of Alaska. I miss it. Good luck to the team and squad!
    www.Donation-Can.com

    ReplyDelete