Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Something Fishey Here!

  Years ago my Dad lead the annual family vacation
to Wildwood, New Jersey!
   I brought my family. My brother brought his
family and we all shared rooms in a rented house
that, for one week, became our family home!
   Some went to the beach. Some went to the
Boardwalk. A few went fishing or crabbing.
   But one evening during that week we all
gathered together for our annual fish dinner.
   My Dad and brother are gone now and the
task of getting the whole family together, what
with work and or school schedules, became too
big a job.
   My gang has managed to continue the
vacation week although, these days some can
only come for a few days rather than the entire
week.
   This year we have been blessed!
   In addition to my crew two of my nieces and
their families learned that we would all be in
Wildwood for at least part of the same week.
   The cry immediately went up for a "DeCosmo
sea food dinner!"
   Everybody pitched in! My niece and her
daughter, who is studying culinary arts, agreed
to bring some of the fixings and my daughter
joined some of the men to handle the shopping.
   My son and nephew (in law) agreed to do the
shrimp on a grill along with some hot dogs for
those not "seafood inclined."
   The gals just about had the flounder ready
when we found that all of the grills in our
complex were being used!
   My grand sons stacked out the units so we
could get one the moment it was free.
   The result of all this cooperation was a
fantastic meal that also served to bring back
a lot of wonderful memories.
    I pitched in too....eating my share of the
menu items....even breaking my self
imposed diet to have a piece of my "great
niece's" home made pie!
   My Dad and brother would be proud of
everyone!
   I wish they were here but admit we would
have needed a lot more fish and pie!
   (Good night Dad! Good night Jim!)
   Hope you're spending time with family
this summer. If so I'm sure all of your
NEWS will be good!




































































No comments:

Post a Comment