Thursday, March 27, 2014

Brain Freeze!


     Most anyone who's enjoyed a ice cream
cone or sundae has, at one time or another,
experienced the phenomena of "Brain Freeze."
     I experienced a different form of this
paralyzing effect through most of my school
years.
    Unlike the extreme cold generated by ice
cream, my early exposure was generally
the result of my lack of study and some
teacher's decision to either call on me even
though my hand wasn't raised or to have a
surprise test.
    Educational brain freeze can, as you might
imagine, be remedied by way of study, doing
home work, and other non attractive but
productive efforts like those.
     Brain freeze produced by the rapid
consumption of frozen products can, I'm told,
be countered by placing one's tongue on the
roof of one's mouth.
     But the Brain Freeze that hit me yesterday
was neither the result of a cold treat or an
unexpected scholastic examination.
     I was out for my usual daily walk.
     Yes, it was cold. About 27 degrees.
     I was able to handle that....until I walked
over the bridge from Pittston to West Pittston!
     The term "Wind Chill Factor" never really
impressed me quite so much before!!!!
      A gust of "Spring wind" straight out of
the movie "Frozen" instantly caused my
forehead to feel as though I had just swallowed
a pint of Italian Gelato from a snack bar in
Antarctica
      I suddenly wished I was in a warm
classroom taking an algebra exam! That
should give those who know me a good
idea of how bad it was!
      Fortunately the wind died down and the
sun was facing my face on the return walk!
      I got my full face ski mask out of the
closet for today's constitutional....just in case.
I'll just have to remember to take it off when
I stop by the bank!
     Hope Spring shows up soon and that all
your NEWS is good!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment