Monday, March 3, 2014

Oh Say Can You See?


   It was there! I saw it! With my own eyes!
   To be honest, it was just before the dawn's
early light. About 6:20AM.
   The red sent a beam into the blackness of
night.
    What? Oh you thought I was writing about
the Star Spangled Banner!
     That would be a logical thought considering
the fact this is National Anthem Day!
     The Star Spangled Banner officially became
our National Anthem on March 3rd., 1913!
      It was written as a poem by Francis Scott
Key in 1814. We always did take a while to
get things done.
      But, while I'm proud to say Old Glory is, in
fact, still waving ore the land of the free and the
home of the brave, the glow I spotted in the
dawn's early light yesterday came from a solar
light I bought at the Christmas Shop right around
well.....Christmas.
     I put two of them in our yard as a sort of guide
into our parking area.
     As I understand it the sun's rays are suppose
to charge the unit's battery and allow it to turn on
automatically when it gets dark,
     The problem is.....we haven't had many sun
rays over the past month!
     I'd see the units light up when night fell. But
they'd be off within three hours or so! Not so
yesterday morning! We had apparently had
enough sunlight to keep that tiny Energizer
working right through the night!
     Now I know how Mr.Key must have felt
watching Fort McHenry that day!
     And who knows? Maybe it's even a sign of
Spring!
     Hope you're all aglow and that all your
News IS Good!


No comments:

Post a Comment