Sunday, March 30, 2014

Happy Hour(s)!


    We had a chance to visit with my good
friend and his wife in Binghamton, NY
yesterday.
     He lives north of Syracuse. So they
drive south while we drive north and we
meet in the middle. Or pretty close too
it.
     We always enjoy meeting and eating
at Cracker Barrel. The food is good and
the ceiling and walls are covered with
items probably found and gathered by
the "Pickers" or somebody just like them.
    Since my buddy and I are sort of antiques.
we remember a lot of the stuff hanging there!
But it doesn't mean there's no "kid" left
in us.....as you shall see.
    After our time together, my wife,
daughter, two of my grandchildren and
I headed for the "Discovery Center."
    I've mentioned this place before. It's a
sort of "hands on Children's Museum"
where youngsters and encouraged to
climb on and over, and play with all
the exhibits.
    The only problem was timing. The
Center closes at 5 on Fridays and by the
time our luncheon meeting and chat was
over we only had an hour to visit.
    It's amazing how much fun kids can
fit into 60 minutes!
    Before we left the grand kids had
befriended another young lad who
joined them tearing through the place!
    Not wanting to be left out my wife
found an artist's sketch stand and drew
a picture of a knight, while my daughter
spent time rearranging facial parts on
Salvador Dali like images set upon a
magnetic board.
    I used my time more efficiently....
fooling with a full size model of a bank
vault door! Hey! You never know when
learning how a bank vault works may
come in handy!
   Hope you've got the right combination
for a good "Happy Hour" or two and that
all your NEWS is good!






























No comments:

Post a Comment