Friday, March 28, 2014

Mr. Potato Head


    Ever get the feeling there's a target painted
on your back?
    That was me yesterday. And my wife was
Annie Oakley!
     But let me begin at the beginning.
     I felt like having a snack Wednesday night.
     Carrots or celery would have been nice.
     But we didn't have any. So, my next snack
of choice was a potato!
     Every now and then I enjoy a raw potato.
     I picked a small one then searched out the
potato peeler from our utensil drawer.
     I washed the spud, then carefully held it
over our waste can while I worked at
cleaning off the outer skin. Apparently
"carefully" is not the correct description!
     I was checking my morning email when
my wife asked how I had enjoyed my
potato.
     How did she know I had a potato? Had
she counted them and found one missing?
     Nope! As she explained, the peelings
which had missed the trash can were
awaiting her when she came out for a morning
coffee. (She also boasted of hearing me
"crunch away" at my snack even though we
were separated by several rooms!)
     I truly never saw any peelings fly outside
of the intended receptacle! Perhaps I had
simply been blinded by hunger?
     My wife should be happy there wasn't
any watermelon in the fridge! Who knows
where those seeds would have ended up?
     Anyhow I've asked by daughter to pick up
some celery. It doesn't leave as much
evidence behind!
     Hope all your NEWS is good!
















  

No comments:

Post a Comment