Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Survivor Man


   My wife and I are headed to Florida
today. Yes....we probably should have
left town way before this. By the way
a big thank you to our buddy Sebastian
for taking over the house while we're
away!
   Now we face an interesting situation.
   The last storm that was suppose to
hit our area turned out to be a dud...at
least around here.
    But it did dump snow and some ice
between me and my first destination
in Virginia!
    Since we could be facing some
weather I am going prepared.
   I suppose if the police stop us for
any reason I'll have to explain the
survival gear I've loaded for my trip
to the "sunny south."
   I have a container originally sold
with birdseed that now is filled with
rock salt.
   There is a box containing a
disassembled snow shovel that you
put together if and when it's needed.
    There is a warm blanket, folded
and ready.
    There's a set of Jumper Cables.
    I also have an Emergency Kit. But
it's so well sealed in shrink wrap  I
suppose we could be dealing more in
terms of "last rites" rather than "first aid"
by the time we get it open.
    If all else fails however we carry with
us the "Ultimate weapons" for dealing
with weather emergencies.
    We are equipped with several rings of
prize smoked kielbasa from the Plains
Meat Market and a few bottles of wine!
Talk about being prepared!!!!!
     Hope you'll follow my Blogs from
"on the road" and that all your NEWS is
good!


No comments:

Post a Comment