Friday, March 7, 2014

See You Later Alligator!


     SATURDAY,MARCH 8TH

   Our Florida visit included a tour of
a popular Fruit Farm on Thursday.
   With temperatures still hovering
around the 60 degree mark it was
easy to tell the northern "tourists"
from the local folks.
   My sister-in-laws, for instance,
looked like two Amish women as
they huddled in our tram car with
heads carefully covered against the
 "frigid" wind!
   Cold as they considered it to be
my trusty Wind Breaker suited me
just fine as we checked out all kinds
of Fruit trees and a very interesting
Animal Preserve located on the farm.
   Rescued animals are brought here,
rehabilitated in a local Animal
Hospital, then released  if feasible
or relocated to shelters where they
can be cared for during their remaining
years.
   I was impressed.
   I actually though about adopting one
or two of these creatures.
   The pig, for instance, was raised as
 though he was a dog. So, he acted like
 one. He would be easy to care for and,
 if things didn't work out, you know how
 much I like bacon!
    I thought about the Tortoise too. But,
on second thought, you'd probably need
six weeks to take it for a walk around the
block!
   I liked the Alligator best! It might be
the ultimate solution to all those cats
running loose around our place! Just
imagine their surprise! And his delight!
   I suppose in the end, however, I suppose
I'll just have to be satisfied to bring home a
few fresh oranges!
   Hope my relatives "warm up soon" and
that all your NEWS is good!
  




No comments:

Post a Comment