Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A Close Call!


     I had a really close call
yesterday. But it had nothing to
do with my morning walk or my
drive, dodging potholes, on the
way to Scranton!
     When my wife returned from
the market with some steaks
I learned that I would be cooking
dinner on the grill. I don't cook
anything in the kitchen. I'm not
allowed!
     The grill has been sitting outside
all winter waiting, like the rest of
us, for the real cook out weather to
show up.
      Quickly uncovered, I fired up
the unit and carefully placed the
steaks over the flames.
       Fortunately they were thin
cuts of meat. I was just seconds
from placing them on the serving
plate when I heard a "puff" and
saw all the flames go out!
       I had run out of gas!
       That was a close one!
       I don't remember the last
time that propane tank was
filled. But I'm very happy there
was just enough left to finish the
steaks! I like my meat cooked!
       If summer ever shows up
I'll change the tank and hope to
get another couple seasons or
a thousand hot dogs, which ever
comes first! 
       Hope I can remember where
I put that gas wrench and that all
your NEWS is good!



   

No comments:

Post a Comment