Monday, March 23, 2015

My Kind Of Holiday!


     Saint Patrick's Day and all of its related
paraded and celebrations seem to get all the
attention during March.
      That's too bad because there are a lot of
other things well worth celebrating in this
month which heralds the arrival of Spring.
       Take today, for instance, This is
"World Meteorological Day." It is also
"Near Miss Day." I wonder if that's just
a coincidence?
        Anyway, yesterday was "National
Goof Off Day!"
        I've been rehearsing for that one
for many years! I think I've just about
got it down to a science.
        They did a survey a few years back
and found that most of those who
"celebrated" this unusual holiday did so
by playing video games.
       That seemed a bit strenuous for me.
       I elected to set my satellite radio to
some quiet music and relax on the porch
where the green house effect brought the
temperature to a very acceptable 75
degrees or so.
       I would have no objections to
extending this observance to a week or
more. In fact "National Goof Off Month"
seems to offer a lot of potential to my
way of thinking.
      Sorry I waited till today to tell you
about the celebration. But, I was goofing
off!
       Hope you'll mark it on your
calendar and that all your NEWS is good!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment