Sunday, March 15, 2015

Curtain Up!


   It's just short of 4 years since I
auditioned for a small part in a
movie being filmed right here in
Luzerne County. And I got it!
   It's a lot different than shooting
a news story for TV.
   In my news days we'd come in
at 9, decide on our story, head
into the field, get our interview
and supportive video, come back
to the studio, write and edit our
story and have it on the air by
6pm.
   Seems ironic that movies, which
begin with a written script, take
years to finish.
    Of course our news stories only
ran for a maximum of 90 seconds.
Movies are closer to 90 minutes!
    Over these past four years
Producer Chris Fetchko has been
working almost daily to perfect
his film. He's edited and re-edited
video and sound, enhanced the
color, and even had some of the
main characters come back to
record additional lines.
    I didn't have to come back
and that's just as well. They'd
either have to invest a lot in
makeup or try to explain the lines
in my face that showed up over
those same four years!
    The title of the movie is "All
In Time" which seems especially
appropriate after "all this time."
    Anyway the finished product
will finally see the light of day, or
in this case the darkness of a
theater, at the Houston International
Film Festival next month.
    Just yesterday we learned that
the Pennsylvania premier will
take place at the New Hope Film
Festival in July.
    With literally thousands of
entries being submitted to the
various festivals around the country
it's a real tribute to Chris and the
rest of the cast and crew to have
this "regional" production picked
to be screened.
     I can't wait to see me and my
wife, well my other wife, on the
big screen! (They gave me one
for the movie scene!)
     Hope you get to see it around
here before to long and that all
your NEWS is good.



    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment