Wednesday, March 18, 2015

I Thought He Was Coming To Dinner!


    Saint Patrick's Day turned out to
be busier than I had expected.
     We took in a movie, stopped by
for a blood test, and got some
shopping done.
     Back home we enjoyed some
Irish music on one of those TV
music channels. It brought back
some pleasant memories of our
visit to the Emerald Ilse last year.
    That's when I heard the plane!
     I remembered hearing that
the Vice President, Joe Biden,
was stopping by for a Saint
Patrick's Day dinner visit!
     And sure enough, there he
was. Right over the house on
Air Force Two!
     I waved, then waited. It was
just a bit too high to se if he was
waving back.
     But long after his aircraft
must have landed there was no
sign of him in our driveway.
     I guess when I heard them
report he was coming here for
dinner they didn't mean "here"
as in "here for dinner" at my
house!
     He must have got an invite
from somebody else.
     Well it's his loss. My wife
made ham and cabbage so
now they'll be a little extra for
left overs!
      Hope somebody fed him...
and that all your NEWS is
good. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment