Tuesday, March 31, 2015

I Heard That!


    I got a big jump on today's unique
holiday! According to one of the many
websites that identify bizarre and
unusual holidays, March 31st is
"National She's Funny That Way Day."
    I began the celebration with another
one of those shopping trips with my
wife. Most of you know how I enjoy
shopping.
    No sooner had we entered the market
when I heard her say something. That,
in itself, is unusual because I usually
can't hear what she's saying. She
speaks very quietly. She's funny that way.
    But, this time, I heard her very clearly.
    "Do I want oranges", she asked.
She seemed to be addressing the
question to herself.
     She's funny that way.
     I tried to explain that I didn't know if
she wanted oranges.
     I never heard an answer. But I didn't
have to. I saw her pick out a bag of
oranges and put it in our cart.
     It happened again as we looked
over the supply of turkeys for Easter
dinner.
      "I wonder, should I get two"
she asked.
     Not sure if that one was directed
to me so I didn't answer. But we do
have two turkeys!
      I don't know if she asked
anything else. I didn't hear anything.
But we came back with about 9 bags
of groceries!
      Someone once told me some
people have to talk to themselves
because it's the only way they can
have an intelligent conversation.
       I think my wife feels that way
when I'm with her.
       She's funny that way!
       Hope she answered all her questions
and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment