Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Did You Sleep Through The Holiday?


   I was happy to join the big
celebration yesterday!
   As you may, or may not, know
 it was National Napping Day!
   Created by a Professor from
Boston University in 1999, Napping
Day is an unofficial holiday set aside
to help people adjust to Daylight
Savings Time.
    After losing an hour of sleep to
"spring forward," people are more
sleep-deprived and find it easier to
nap. And anything that makes
napping easier is OK by me!
    I was aided in my personal
celebration by the plastic sheets
covering our front porch screens.
    As the afternoon sunlight turned
the porch into a greenhouse the near
50 degree temperature outside climbed
to about 70 or so in there.
    I substituted some soft music for
the traditional fireworks used on most
"holidays" and managed to begin my
participation within 10 or 15 minutes!
    I couldn't find any information as
to how long I was suppose to celebrate.
That is nap.
    I put in about an hour or so before
some candidate stopped by looking
for someone to sign his nominating
petition. I didn't sign!
    I figured if he was a good patriotic
candidate he'd be home napping!
    I can see great potential for this
holiday. In fact, I'd like to celebrate
every day.
    I think they already have a similar
on going holiday in Mexico. It's called
Siesta! Let's bring it over the border!
    Hope you joined in the celebration
and that all your NEWS is good!



     
  

No comments:

Post a Comment