Sunday, March 22, 2015

In Search Of Big Foot!


   The hunt officially began yesterday.
It was, however, prompted by that
incident in the woods not far from my
house about a week ago.
    Regular readers of this Blog will
remember. I had a flat tire.
    I've outlined the frustrating efforts
I put into getting my vehicle back on
4 wheels again. But I may have failed
to mention something else that happened
along the side of that cold and lonely
back road!
    I got dirty!
    And those very supportive sneakers
I purchased a few months back picked
up a good deal of that dirt.
     My wife suggested we get a new
pair. That way I could knock around in
the first pair and use the new ones for
fancy occasions.
     Of course those sneakers were
purchased at a specialty shop where I
was carefully measured and fitted. And
they didn't come cheap!
      Knowing the same brand was available
at other locations we set out to find a
second pair. And we found plenty.
      I found a number that were very
similar to my original pair. Some varied
in color a bit. All were less expensive
than my originals. But NONE of them
fit!
     Seems they all come in exact sizes.
You know. 10's, 11's, and 12's.
      The dirty ones that fit me so well
happen to be 10 and one half! And
nobody we visited had anything in a
"half size!"
      The 10's were far too tight and
as I tried walking in 11's my heel kept
trying to leave the confines of the
sneaker!
       I need a 10 and a half. I need to
find my "Big Foot!"
       Maybe I'll just try some soap and
water. But, if I do that, will my 10 and
a half's shrink?
       What a monster of a problem!
        Hope I find a half size at half
price...and that all your NEWS is good!














No comments:

Post a Comment