Saturday, March 7, 2015

If I Knew You Were Coming.....


    My wife and I were on the front
line again yesterday. Shopping at
Walmart!
     She and I have far different
shopping techniques.
      Mine involves picking up the
items on my list. I can usually do
that within 15 minutes.
      Hers involves a careful study
of the labels on each product,
mathematical computations as
to which price is actually lower
by weight or quantity, and an
occasional stop in uncharted
aisles to examine products,
especially clothing, unimagined,
at least by me, when the list was
written.
     Her method usually uses the
better part of an hour. It is less
expensive than mine. But only
for the items actually on the list!
     Yesterday, however, we were
able to agree on one item not on
our written list. Well, it started out
as one item!
     It was cake mix!
     Once I expressed some interest,
she picked out a box. In fact she
selected two boxes.
     We then added oil, eggs, and
frosting to our shopping cart.
      After dinner I inquired as to
the status of the cake and was
informed it was baking.
      A short time later she told me
it was ready but needed to cool.
With the sun long gone I suggested
the front porch.
       As I write it is there, cooling,
awaiting a generous coating of
Almond Joy frosting, and taste
testing.
      I'm sure it will be far
superior to the one I would have
picked up in about 30 seconds as
I walked by the Bakery Department.
      I just have to wait a little longer.
      Hope it tastes as good as it looks
on the box and that all your NEWS
is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment