Sunday, March 8, 2015

But We Had Timing, a Tick,a Tick, a Tick, a Tick


     Unlike most of you who get up at exactly 2am
to "Spring Ahead" I began resetting our clocks
last evening. I needed a head start!
      Near as I can tell we've go approximately
7 devices that display the time in our house. That
does not include my laptop, an old pc, or a wrist
watch which I use from time to time.
      The wrist watch will be the last to be set, as
soon as I can remember which buttons have to
be pressed to make the change.
      Progress has come at a price.
      Only two of our time pieces have hands. You
know. An hour hand. A minute hand. And a
Second hand.
       Back in the day all clocks had hands. Setting
them for Daylight Savings Time was easy. You
just pushed the minute hand "clockwise" one full
rotation and the hour hand would follow to its
proper place.
       "Falling Back" was a little harder, if you did
it right, because you were only suppose to adjust
the clocks in that "clockwise" direction. That, of
course, meant 11 full rotations.
        The Digital age changed all that. Now I've
got to figure out which remote goes with which
display and which switch on the remove changes
the hour. I gave up on one of them about two
years ago when its remote stopped working.
        After two nights of watching a blinking
triple zero display I reset the clock by placing
some black tape over the numerals. I don't
know what time it is. But the blinking doesn't
keep me awake!
          A couple of my machines change
automatically. I'll find out which ones today
when I try to reset them again after my reset was
adjusted by the automatic correction.
          Ironically, between the time change and
all the adjustments I expect to be two hours
behind for the next three days.
          Hope I can figure out the car clocks now
and that all your NEWS is good







      

No comments:

Post a Comment