Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Wild, Wild West!


   My recent Blog and photos of the old
team at WILK holding up an area tourist
train got a lot of response! In fact a man
who is in the process of writing a book
about the former Carroll Park & Western
Railroad near Bloomsburg plans to use
the pictures in his publication.
   But our publicity stunt wasn't the only
time I was involved in a "crime" at the
railroad tourist attraction.
   Guess the "old west" setting just
brought out the bandit in me!
   Yesterday I pulled out an old home
movie I shot at same place back in 1969.
It wasn't quite a 20th Century or
Paramount production. After all, I only
had an 8mm movie camera and one roll
of film.
    I did have a cast filled with stars! It
included my wife, my two nieces, Betty
and Patty, and me.
    In the story, I kidnapped my wife,
and tied her to the railroad tracks.
Although I wanted realism my wife
refused to let me use the active rail
line.
    One of my nieces played the hero,
pulling my wife off the tracks just
before the train came by.
    My other niece confronted, or
rather ambushed, me at High Noon,
so that justice would triumph in our
exciting adventure.
     Unfortunately the little railroad
is gone now. That's too bad for a
lot of reasons including the fact I'm
"retired" now and have a lot more
time to hold up trains and have shoot
outs with the Sheriff!
      Hope the new book brings back
great memories and that all your
NEWS is good!





      
  
     
   

No comments:

Post a Comment