Saturday, April 11, 2015

Drawn In!


    It was just about time to leave the
"Pot Luck" beach party I told you
about the other day.
    I man approached me and asked
if I would like to have my picture
drawn.
    I balked. I didn't know the person
and suspected he was one of the crew
who's "pot" had nothing to do with
food prepared for the evening.
   "There's no charge" he said. That
happen to be the right price so I
said OK.
    He asked me about my job and
stories I had covered.
    It quickly became apparent he
was more of a caricature artist than
a portrait painter.
    Still it was interesting to watch
as he drew quickly then shaded his
work with a cue tip dipped in beer.
    He said he usually uses his
subject's drink of choice. But since
I had already finished my Diet Pepsi
he figured the beer was his next best
choice.
   I think it was best he used it on the
sketch rather than drinking any more.
   He also asked to include something
I usually say so I volunteered by
usual sign off.
    Though he was not asking for money
I tipped him anyway to replace the beer
he used up.
    The finished product is.....well let's
say it's "different."
    Hope it was the beer that aged it, and
that all your NEWS is good."











No comments:

Post a Comment