Thursday, April 2, 2015

Once Upon A Time


 Most of you have probably come
to depend on my writing for details
on exciting news stories over the
years. Or, perhaps, for the insightful
information on unusual holidays or
details of personal incidents I relate
to you each day in this very Blog.
   Right?
   But today, on this "International
Children's Book Day", I thought it
was time to confess that I have also
been involved with writing several
children's stories.
   To be honest I have never
published or made any attempt to
turn my tales into a book although
several people have encouraged me
to do so.
   My stories feature a character I
call "Prince Claude."  His name
sort of tells the story before you
have to read much further!
   He was born in my van one
afternoon when my grand daughter
asked me to tell her a story.
   Having no book at hand I made
up a tale about a young princess
who fell into a well only to have
the misfortune of having a very
"clumsy" prince come to her aid.
He did more harm than good.
    For instance, my noble prince
tossed rocks into the well to give
the princess something that might
help her climb out. If only he had
had told her he was about to toss
those boulders!
    About a week later the same
grand daughter asked to retell
"The Princess In The Well."
    I remembered the theme. But
not the specifics. Thankfully she
remembered virtually all of my
adlibbed fable and was able to
refresh my memory.
    Since then I've written it down,
along with about a half dozen
other stories about my mishap
prone prince.
    My grand daughter even
drew up some illustrations to
brighten the stories.
    I should really do more with
him. The stories come rather
easy. Since they're about a
character that tends to run into
trouble with nearly everything he
does,all I have to do is keep a
daily diary! Just ask my wife!
     Hope you live happily ever
after and that all your NEWS is
good!


    

No comments:

Post a Comment