Thursday, April 9, 2015

Pot Luck


   FOR FRIDAY, APRIL 19TH

   Wednesday night turned into an
interesting experience here on
Hawaii's Big Island.
    Every Wednesday a group of
people gather at a local beach to
share food with anyone who cares
to come by and watch the sunset.
    I met a helicopter pilot who
was injured in a crash and a
gentleman who spends most of
his year sailing his boat to places
like Hawaii and Alaska.
    Several people bring instruments
and serenade the crowd while the
sausage, pasta, ribs, pizza and such
is passed around.
    Of course not all of the "pot" was
served on paper plates.
    Having no expertise on Hawaiian
Controlled Substance laws I can only
assume we had a lot of people with
serious ailments that require medicine
not usually available.
     I'm not sure if they felt I was ill
or were just trying to be polite, but
someone wanted to share their "pot
luck" with me.
     I respectfully declined, personally
favoring the sausage and pasta.
     I'm hoping to see some of the
group again next week unless, of
course, they're sharing pot luck
with other guests of the county by
then.
     Hope all you're smoking is
meat and that all your NEWS is
good.        




No comments:

Post a Comment