Thursday, April 23, 2015

Is There A Doctor In The House?


    Greetings to all of my regular Blog readers.
    I have returned from two weeks on Hawaii's
Big Island and my mind will probably show up
soon too.
     I believe it is Thursday as I write. I say that
because I see the neighbor's garbage bags out
and ready for pick up.
    The last thing I remember clearly was leaving
Hawaii on Tuesday night, then flying, on three
different legs, to the Wilkes-Barre/ Scranton
International Airport in Avoca.
    I wasn't sure just when we'd return or if we'd
end of staying somewhere unplanned along the
way.
   During the second leg of our return, Los Angles
to Detroit, we heard the Fly Attendants making
one of those announcements you never like to
hear..."Is there anyone on board with medical
training?" A gentleman seated just in front of me
responded and walked towards the front of the
aircraft. I saw attendants bringing a first aid kit
and defibluator up front then asking if anyone
had a portable kit to monitor blood sugar levels.
     Again, someone responded, and the flight
continued without problem. Whatever the
trouble was the volunteers had apparently
solved it. On to our next flight.
     When we eventually landed in Pennsylvania
I noticed that someone had left the area's air
conditioners on! I had just been bathing in 70
plus degrees Pacific waters two days ago. All
of a sudden I needed a jacket and sweater again!
      Coming in my front door was another
experience. In Hawaii, at least here and there,
you are asked to remove your shoes when
entering the house. That would be the custom
I ran into after having all sorts of foot problems!
      How that Japanese tradition made it's way
to Hawaii still has me puzzled. I thought we had
won that war!
     Anyway, I'm back, with still more pictures
and stories to tell.
     Hope I can get warm again and that all your
NEWS is good!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment