Friday, April 17, 2015

Stumped!


    Thursday started early here on Hawaii's
Big Island.
    Some time ago a couple of the Coconut
trees at my brother in law's place had to be
cut down. Their fruit, weighting as much as
a bowling ball, had been growing right over
the neighbor's roof. You don't want to be
directly below when those things come down.
    Not among those wanting to waste a good
tree stump the family invited "Robert" over
for a morning visit.
    Robert uses a chain saw like Da Vinci used
a pallet and brush!
    He spent about 10 minutes checking out
photos of dolphins in a book and on my
laptop then stepped outside and went to work
on the stump.
     As he labored away a few neighbors
checked in and found spots on the deck to
provide a live audience for the sculpture.
     With no drawing in front of him the
finished product was already etched in his
mind from the short time he spent with those
photos.
      Before any of us could have breakfast
a  "Flipper" like image emerged from what
had been the stump of a Coconut tree!
      I wondered if I could do something
like that and thought about trying..till my
wife reminded me there's only a Clinic
near by....not a hospital. She suggested I
say with my stick figure drawings.
      Hope I can turn one into a Dolphin,
and that all your NEWS is good.  














 
 













No comments:

Post a Comment