Thursday, April 16, 2015

Plastered!


    Lest you think Hawaii is all about going
to the beaches, exploring beautiful scenery,
and eating  rare fruits, I must be honest and
tell you that the three siblings sharing this
time with me, my wife, her sister, and their
brother, have spent several quiet hours thus
far getting plastered!
    Wait a minute. Perhaps I'd better clarify
that a bit.
     The trio have been working on a project
which has them painting layers of a plaster-
like substance on various types of leaves
growing around this place.
      Those layers eventually harden, giving
the leaves a strong backing which will
allow the artists to paint what was the leaf
surface into a design of their choice.
       Of course I have seen said artists carry
a glass or two of some concoction into the
studio, that is garage, with them. Perhaps
whatever it contained was used on the
art work in some way. I, however, have my
doubts.
      Oh well, they say art is good rehab!
      Hope the museums are ready for these
new works and that all your NEWS is good!





No comments:

Post a Comment