Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Honesty


    Happy Easter everybody.
    It's time to see how you did with
yesterday's "Tell A Lie Day" challenge.
    For those of you who just came in, I
wrote down 5 "facts" about myself and
challenged the readers to determine
which one was a lie.
    Here are those "facts" again.
  (1) I've piloted an airplane.
  (2) I have a gold record.
  (3) I've interviewed two Presidents
  (4) I've been in a Submarine.
  (5) I sang with the Lennon Sisters.
    OK. Time to own up.
    Let's take the airplane first.
    I actually have one hour of flight
training logged as part of a story I did
with the Aircraft Owners & Pilot's
Association. And, yes, I did fly the
plane from takeoff to landing.
    How about the Sub? Well, while
visiting Cleveland a couple years ago
my wife and I toured the USS COD
which is on display right next door
to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame!
     All too many of you knew that
I "sang" with the Lennon Sisters
backstage at the Bloomsburg Fair in
1963 as part of a radio program I was
doing at that time. I never said I
sounded good. Just that I sang with
them!
     Gold record? Me? Yep! I helped
Penndot by doing a cartoon-like voice
for a character called "Safety Sam" and
the department gave me a gold record
of my recording as a way of saying
Thanks!
      Now to be honest, I did interview
two Presidents. But neither was in office
a the time. Gerald Ford was a former
President when I got to speak with him
and Barack Obama was only campaigning
for the office when he came to Scranton.
     I have never interviewed a sitting
President.........yet.
     Hope you passed the test, enjoyed
the holiday, and that all your NEWS is
good






No comments:

Post a Comment