Thursday, April 30, 2015

A Pain In The Neck!


        FRIDAY, MAY 1ST

  Certainly I enjoyed Hawaii. Happy as
well to see the sun shining around here
and some temperatures near 70 for a
change.
   That said, I returned from the Big
Island to discover two suspicious spots
one on my face the other on my neck.
   There was a day I would probably
make up a story and boast about the
neck mark. But I'm past that now and
my Dermatologist didn't consider
it funny anyway.
   Turns out that one on my neck was
an old nemesis trying to show up again.
   Skin cancer.
   So, yesterday, I got up bright and
early and headed into his office to have
some minor surgery done.
    It wasn't at all painful and, truth be
told, he has the most comfortable
chair in which I've ever reclined. I'm
thinking of going back to school so I
can get a medical degree and buy one
of those chairs!
    The procedure requires the removal
of some tissue, a lab check, then, often
a bit more removal to make sure all the
suspect area is clear.
    A large bandage is the only outward
evidence of my appointment with the
scalpel. The self dissolving stitches,
about a dozen, are underneath.
    Of course it's seven hours later as I
write and, as the anesthetics wear off,
I realize that I do, indeed. have a pain
in the neck!
    Rather than surrender to the
irritation and the sun I decided to
uncover the Miata which has been
resting since October, put the top
down, and take a spin!
   Yes. I did put on the sunscreen!
    Just hope the Tylenol holds out
and that all your NEWS is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment