Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Fallout!


    Easter is a time for tradition.
    In our case a huge Easter dinner with
family followed our Sunday morning
church service.
    Judging from the quantity of food
someone must have been under the
impression the entire congregation had
been invited!
    Easter eating is a big tradition with
our family. But there were enough left
overs to provide lunch for the 109th
Field Artillery or feed a small town in
Mexico!
    And this year there was a new
tradition. At least it was new to us!
It may have come from Mexico.
     A number of colored eggs are
hidden around the back yard. The
kids are sent out to find the eggs.
     That may sound familiar. But
there's a difference. These eggs are
filled with confetti. After they're
found you break them like a small
piñata and the confetti is scattered
about.
      I decided to take some pictures.
      Bad move!
      I should have seen it coming.
But I didn't and, seconds later, I
learned how the eggs can easily
be cracked over one's head!
      I suddenly found myself
showered in tradition. That is,
confetti!
       I'm just thankful they used
the right eggs! Chocolate would
have been such a waste!
       Hope you had a great Easter
and that all your NEWS is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment