Friday, April 17, 2015

Unexpected Guests!

    SATURDAY, APRIL 18TH

   It is, as I reported last week, an
unusual crowd that gathers every
Wednesday to watch the sunset on
a beach not far from my brother in
law's home in Hawaii.
   Most everyone brings food to
share while a few bring instruments
to entertain.
    I suspect about half of those who
show up know each other. There
are no trouble makers. But there are
a few who are, perhaps, best left as
unknown.
    There were some impressive
visitors to the party this week! They
were spotted arriving just before the
sun dropped below the horizon.
    They didn't bring any food or
instruments. But they sure were
entertaining.
     My wife tried to grab a picture of
the guests with her still camera. But
they were ducking in and out of
sight. No! It wasn't the characters
who bring their weed.
     They were whales! They're usually
well on their way towards Alaskan
waters at this time of year. But, on this
night, they swung by the beach...perhaps
to say good bye.
     I hope to enhance some video I
captured once I get home. But, in
the meantime, here's a couple frames
I froze, as photographed from my
small camcorder screen.
     Hope you enjoy them and that all
your NEWS is good!






No comments:

Post a Comment